Once the manuscript is in a final written format, it must be prepared for the copyediting, proofreading, design, and layout activities required before publication is possible.
My Editor prepares the manuscript by:
- ensuring the manuscript meets the market’s needs
- ensuring the consistency of content and features
- formatting content to meet requirements of the production dept.
- adding direction to the copyeditor and typesetter
- numbering manuscript pages and inserts
- conducting page count estimates,
- creating figure and photo logs,
- creating permission grids,
- writing the preface,
- organizing front and end matter, and
- preparing transmittal forms and agendas
Once the manuscript has been prepared, My Editor will hold a transmittal meeting to officially pass the manuscript into production.